Rabu, 22 Oktober 2014

Negeri 5 Menara by A. Fuadi


"Man Jadda Wajada. Siapa yang bersungguh-sungguh akan berhasil. Whoever strives shall succeed."


So yesterday I just finished read Negeri 5 Menara (The Land of 5 Towers) by A. Fuadi. Honestly I love this book. A very good book and an inspiring one. I'm not gonna tell the plot in here, because you can read it on Goodreads. I just wanna review it. 
I love this book because it made me think about everything that ever happened in my life. About my 2 years struggle to live alone, far away from home, to continue my study on college. A very different reality from my high school expectation- I didn't get to my favorite Public University and finally go to Muhammadiyah University. I can understand what it feels like to be Alif Fikri- the main character-, he has to attend an Islamic boarding school instead of a Public school that he really wanted. The struggle inside of him when he lives at Madani Pesantren with all the hectic schedule, hard lessons, strict regulations and still wants to attend Public school. But when he becomes friends with five boys from different archipelago and he starts to love living there. Beneath the mosque's minaret, the boys gaze at the clouds on the horizon seeing in them their individual dreams of far-away lands, like America and Europe.

It's not all about the university that I didn't get. It also about the major that I'm study right now, Public Health. I know that I'm not really into social and going into public. My passion is always on sciences and laboratory practice. But I didn't get that on Public Health. Maybe I get the sciences, but not the lab. My lab now is on public, the people in community. But after spending 2 years in here, I'm starting to love this study. I get to know if I can help people to live healthier and prevent them from getting sick. I learned the way people socialize, what will I do if they get sick or before they’re sick, and how to talk to them about their health. Even tho I still want my lab! ><

Negeri 5 Menara also teaches me to have faith, do anything with lillahi ta'ala, and always thanks to Allah SWT for every little things in life, because everything happened for a reason. And it makes me sure about never understimate dreams, no matter how high they may be. God truly is The Listener. And it's similar like my twitter's bio, a perfect combination from 1DJBTR' quotes and also become my life motto. 
"If you can dream it, it will come true. So just dare to dream and living the dream!"

Like I said in the beginning, Negeri 5 Menara is a very inspiring book! It won't be inspiring without sooooo many inspiring and beautiful quotes! That's one of the reason I love this book. And the best of the best quote is the tagline itself. Man Jadda Wajada.

So, this is all I can tell about Negeri 5 Menara by A. Fuadi. 
4/5 stars on my Goodreads

1 komentar: